We’ve all had those days when, glancing in the mirror at lunchtime, we notice that our faces have morphed into an oil slick. This sort of occurrence is particularly irritating for the working woman, who often has no time to blot or “touch up.”
In this post, I’ll award my “Top 5 Foundations for Oily Skin,” foundations which I’ve discovered hold off shine the longest 🙂
In no particular order:
1) Kat Von D “Lock-It Tattoo Foundation” – A fantastic foundation from a fantastic (and edgy) makeup brand. This foundation comes in a whopping 19 shades (even for pale ghosts like me!), so there’s a shade for everyone! It’s an incredibly thick foundation, and a small amount goes a long way. It covers not only blemishes and scars but also any birthmarks or freckles as well. The finish is matte with a capital “M,” and it keeps shine at bay all day. The lack of SPF is its only disadvantage.
2) Estée Lauder “Double Wear Maximum Cover Foundation” – The finish of this foundation is similar to that of Kat Von D’s — thick, full coverage, and gorgeously matte. Unlike the Kat Von D foundation, however, this product contains sunscreen (SPF 15). It comes in a hygienic squeeze tube and lasts forever, due to the tiny amount of product needed for a single application. The finish is divinely beautiful; I guarantee that you’ll look like a porcelain doll 🙂
3) Dr. Jart “Silver Label BB Cream” – This product, ladies and gentlemen, is a true Asian BB cream — hailing from Korea. It contains SPF 35, with a thick consistency, full coverage, and skin tone-evening properties like you wouldn’t believe! It will cancel any redness in your skin, leaving a smooth canvas. Oil doesn’t stand a chance with this product — it keeps the T-zone matte late into the evening. This BB cream, however, only comes in one shade — a light shade — so it would not suit darker skin. One warning for acne sufferers…..when I first used this BB cream, I experienced breakouts. Nevertheless, after a few uses, my skin seemed to adapt to the product, and it triggered no more acne flares. You can order it from Korea online, most notably from Dermstore.com as well as Amazon.
4) Bobbi Brown “Long-Wear Even Finish Foundation” – This product wins double awards since it falls within my “Top 5 Foundations for Acne-Prone Skin” as well! It wears matte long into the afternoon, without need for blotting. The finish is gorgeous and full-coverage, and SPF 15 is the icing on this cake. Plus, it comes in a whopping 20 colors! Incredible product for special occasions 🙂
5) Hourglass “Immaculate Liquid Powder Foundation” – This foundation was ordered with high expectations — and it did not disappoint. Dispensed as a liquid from a hygienic pump, the product dries to a powder finish on the skin. My T-zone remains shine-free at evening with the help of this foundation, which combats oil like a dream. You do not even need to apply powder on top (although I do set it with a light dusting of SPF-containing powder since this foundation unfortunately lacks sunscreen). It provides medium-to-full coverage. This is my first Hourglass purchase, and I’m impressed!
Until next time! 🙂