My most recent post named “The Top 5 Foundations for Acne-Prone Skin.”
Today, I’ll award my “Top 5 Foundations for Oily Mature Skin” 🙂
So let’s get started!
1) Lancome “Teint Visionnaire Skin Correcting Makeup Duo” – Of the 5 foundations listed here, this little jewel takes the cake. It’s incredibly moisturizing for parched, older skin — and conveys a luminous glow. This product also contains SPF 20 as well as a non-creasing concealer underneath the cap. It corrects uneven skin tone like a miracle. You can read my full review here.
2) L’Oreal “True Match Lumi” Foundation – One dead giveaway that a foundation’s suited for dry skin is a promise of luminous” or “dewy” finish displayed on the bottle. Such is the case for L’Oreal’s “Lumi,” which is derived from “Luminous.” It offers moisture without greasiness, which is always a fine line to tread. Plus, it has SPF 20 and can be purchased at the drugstore. This foundation is a win-win for dry skin! I just made a rhyme 😉
3) Clinique’s “Moisture Surge” Tinted Moisturizer – This product’s name is taken from Clinique’s “Moisture Surge” moisturizer, which is aptly labelled. This tinted moisturizer, like its namesake, truly feels like Chapstick for the face; indeed, it does offer a surge of moisture. The finish is non-greasy (but this doesn’t mean that oily skin types can get away with wearing it without developing a shiny T-zone!) and provides a subtle glow — for dryer skin types. It offers sun protection as well (SPF 15).
4) Bobbi Brown “Extra Repair” Foundation – This foundation, with its mousse-like texture, applies like velvet and does an excellent job minimizing pores and fine lines, all the while offering the moisture needed by mature skin. It also furnishes a healthy dose of sunscreen (SPF 25). My mother, who is 68, uses this foundation religiously.
5) Clinique “Age Defense” BB Cream – Clinique has scored again! This BB cream offers a gentle application but solid coverage, which does not cake or crease (a phenomenon which often emphasizes pores and fine lines). It contains SPF 30 as well. The creaminess serves to soothe thirsty skin and provides a natural satin finish.
I hope you enjoyed this post!
Next up — My “Top 5 Foundations for Oily Skin” 🙂